The DOC xPress metabase is a database that houses your DOC xPress solutions. This metabase needs to be created on a SQL Server. You will need the following permissions to create the DOC xPress metabase:
- db_owner for the DOC xPress database
- Click on “Browse” next to the Server Connection String box.
- Choose the server that will host the DOC xPress metabase.
- Choose the type of Security to log onto that server (Integrated/Windows or SQL Server) and then hit OK.
- Next name your Metabase (Default is Doc xPress) then click on “Create Metabase”.
- Your metabase has now been created as a database on the server you selected.
If you don't have the necessary permissions to create the Metabase, you can provide the creation scripts to a database administrator to have it created for you:
- On the ‘Create new metabase’ window, you can supply the ‘Server connection string’ and then click ‘View metabase creation script.’
- You can then provide that script to whomever has the necessary permissions to create the metabase for you.