When using LegiTest, the solution must be built for the tests to appear in the Test Explorer window. However, tests may not appear in the Test Explorer after a successful build of the LegiTest solution in the NUnit framework.
To resolve this issue, a NUnit adapter extension must be installer in the Visual Studio environment. In order to do so, follow these steps.
- Under the Tools menu, select ‘Extensions and Updates’
- In the ‘Extensions and Updates’ UI, select ‘Online’ in the left-hand panel
- In the upper right, search ‘NUnit 2 Test Adapter’
- Select this extension and click ‘Download’
- Once the download is complete, restart Visual Studio to apply the changes
- After Visual Studio has been restarted, open your LegiTest solution
- Under Build menu, choose to build your solution
- Under the Test menu, choose Windows>> Test Explorer
Under the LegiTest 2017.4 release, the NUnit adapter is automatically included as part of the LegiTest project.
All tests should appear in the Test Explorer after this process has been completed.